Sunday, October 21, 2012

Am I really beautiful?

I have been called many things in my life but when someone tells me I am beautiful it is the hardest to believe.  Why is it that I (we) believe all of the negative things that people have to say about me but when it comes to the positive it just doesn't sink in?
When a guy tells me I am beautiful I automatically think, "what does he want from me?" and when my friends and family tell me I think "well you have to say that".  I don't think there has been a time that someone has said that I was beautiful and I actually believed them full heartily.
I ask everyone to please watch what you say to or about someone else - you just never know how much it will hurt them and for how long they will suffer with those words.
I will take those harsh words that I have heard with me to my grave but I hope for the day that I no longer believe them...

No comments:

Post a Comment